Before the weather warms up and boating season kicks off, you may want to consider these three tips and resources to help you prepare!
- Remember that it’s a good time to get a great deal on a boat!
Since new models come out in the summer, spring is often a good time to get nice deals on a new boat.
- If you have a boat or yacht, make sure it’s ready for the season.
If your vessel was in lay-up over the winter, you’ll need to take care of a few things before it’s ready to go. Before you launch your boat, be sure to:
- Review manuals, instruction sheets and other documents for details about the vessel and onboard systems, proper operation and maintenance, as well as contact information for manufacturers and suppliers in case you have questions or need parts.
- Perform a full inspection of your boat while you do your spring cleaning.
- Revisit your coverage, to make sure you’re fully protected.
The last and most important step in preparing for boating season. Before you get back on the water, make sure to contact your insurance agent and revisit your coverage – that way you can kick back and relax knowing you’re fully covered.
Wishing you a great summer of safe boating ahead!