If you use technology for your business, you need cyber liability!
We have all heard about breaches where thousands upon thousands of customer’s personal information was stolen. Or situations where local businesses have had their computer systems compromised, all of their data encrypted, and held hostage until they tender a ransom payment and hopefully receive back the key to restore their systems. The misconception that these stories promote is that cyber risk is for large businesses.
The fact of the matter is, if you:
- Post or advertise on social websites
- Store customer data of any type
- Have a website
- Utilize electronic signing of documents
- Have employees who use laptops or tablets for business or
- If you accept credit card payments
than you are at risk for a data compromise that could cost your business tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars!
An August 2016 report on Cyber-crime advised that “Cyber-crime is huge and it is growing far faster than the ability to contain it.” Their advice is “since you can’t stop it, be sure to protect yourself.”
Business package policies are not prepared to provide the Cyber Liability that most business need including, but not limited to:
- Forensic computer investigative costs
- Expenses for notifying potential customers of a breach
- Legal fees & credit monitoring service fees required to be provided for your clients
- Damages caused to third parties as a result of a breach
- Potential State and Federally imposed fines
- Resulting business interruption
- On-going regulatory requirements
New threats are appearing every day. The best protection you can have is a properly designed Cyber Liability Policy.
Contact one of our Florida licensed experts today. We will evaluate your needs and provide you with the protection you need for your continued business operations and whatever may occur along the way.