Request a quote for FL Homeowners Insurance:
Or if you have all of your information ready:
If you are a resident of the beautiful Emerald Coast of Florida, you already know how lucky you are to be close to some of the world's most beautiful beaches. You are also aware that hurricanes and tropical storms can occasionally leave your home damaged or flooded. It is vitally important to understand how much homeowners insurance you need for your home but even more so in Panama City Beach, FL.
Florida is known for having some of the highest homeowners insurance rates in the country. That probably comes as no surprise to you. Our Panama City Beach, FL homeowners insurance policies are fair and will protect your home against all possible perils that could damage it. We are proud to say we are the home insurance experts since 1965.
Other insurance agencies throughout the Florida Panhandle find it hard to beat our experience or our rates. We know the pulse of the current insurance market and can guide you to what you need and what you should consider.
Our Panama City Beach Homeowners Insurance Covers You in Many Ways
As a fully licensed Florida home insurance agency with access to over 150 top-rated companies, our Panama City Beach homeowners insurance policies offer you great peace of mind. We can offer coverages such as:
- Complete replacement cost coverage for your dwelling, other structures, and your possessions.
- Loss of use coverage, which pays you additional living expenses while repairs are being made.
- Medical payments coverage if someone has been injured on your property.
- Personal liability coverage for help with legal bills if someone is injured on your property.
Our homeowner's insurance policies in Panama City Beach do NOT include flood protection. You should purchase additional flood coverage for your home even if you are in a “preferred” flood zone. Did you know that 98% of all United States counties have experienced damaging flood events? Couple the data with what we face every year with Hurricane Season and flood insurance should be an expected expense for all Florida property owners.
As the trusted choice for Florida’s Homeowner Insurance, we offer policies to protect every unique Florida property & homeowner:
Homeowners Insurance Takes Many Different Forms
At Harris Insurance, our homeowners insurance covers more than just your home. We also have policies for:
- Condominium Unit Owners. We understand that it is the condominium association's responsibility to protect everyone's exterior property, but what about your property inside your condo unit? When you carry condominium coverage, it works just like traditional homeowners insurance. You are covered for your things such as personal belongings, liability, loss of use, and more. Whether you live in your condo all year long or use it as a second home, this type of Panama City Beach, FL homeowners insurance is definitely to be considered.
- Renters Insurance. Too often, renters find out the hard way that they should have carried some type of renters insurance. Wherever you rent – a house, mobile home, condominium, or apartment - you need to protect yourself in the event of theft, fire, flood, or storm. This is especially the case if your possessions are valued and cannot be replaced. Just think about gifts you have received, items you collect, or hobbies you have invested in. With our Panama City Beach renters insurance, all of your belongings are covered if something happens to them. That includes if you are the victim of a break-in or theft. Renters insurance can also cover items that have been taken from your house or vehicle.
- Landlord Protection. If you are a landlord and rent any type of property, it is worth it for you to check out our Landlord Insurance Dwelling Policy. Your rental properties are your business. When trouble occurs, we can help you address the challenges and get the revenue flowing again quickly.Our landlord insurance policies offer two coverage lines: property and liability. These policies will help you when you need replacement costs, loss of rental income, or even loss of structure use. The experienced team at Harris Insurance will show you how to evaluate each of the areas of your Panama City Beach dwelling fire insurance policy so you will be prepared for the next time your property has a problem.
Panama City Beach, FL Homeowner Insurance Options
We offer homeowners insurance policies that can also be supplemented with other options, which are important and worth careful consideration:
Ordinance and Law. This is already included in homeowner policies, but you may want to increase coverage for a little more peace of mind. This is because laws and codes are always changing and you want to be ready in the event of a catastrophe and your building has to be rebuilt.
Water Damage. Water damage tends to do more harm than most other types of damage. For a nominal charge, you can increase your coverage and have the protection you need in the event of water damage from leaks or failures in and around your home.
Service Line Coverage. For about $40/year, you can be protected against problems where electric, sewer, or water lines run into your home. If there is a problem, it can become extremely expensive to you and cause damage to the outside of your home as well.
Refrigerator Personal Property. At any given time, you probably have a few hundred dollars’ worths of food in your refrigerator and freezer. Know that if anything should go wrong, you are covered and for just the cost of coffee at your favorite shop.
Jewelry, Guns, and Fine Art. If you are a collector of these items, you will want to add to your existing homeowners policy. For the cost of an appraisal, we can see to it that your most prized possessions are covered against theft or any other type of mishap.
Equipment Breakdown. This is one add-on that everyone loves. Protect your TVs, HVAC systems, and other appliances with a small fee. Equipment Breakdown acts like a home warranty, but better.
Identity Theft. Add an identity theft resolution option for a very reasonable additional cost.
Animal Liability. For almost any problem that involves your pet(s), we can have you covered.
There are other options to consider as well, such as water backup, personal injury, screened enclosures, golf cart liability and hurricane deductibles. We advise that you should be ready at all times. Be prepared when it comes to your home and property and have the peace of mind you so richly deserve.
Harris Insurance has been protecting Panama City Beach as well as other Florida residents since 1965 with our homeowners insurance policies. Let our team show you how to protect your property. Contact us today.
Ordinance and Law
O&L is included but you may wish to increase coverage for a nominal charge. Laws and codes continually change for rebuilding after catastrophes.
Available at 25% to 50% of home original value
Water and sewage rising up through toilets and drains can cause significant expense . (1 inch water damage can equal $25,000 worth of damage)!
$25,000 coverage runs around $25.
After storms, water damage is the cause of more claims than any other. The smallest leak or failure can flood your home in minutes. Be sure you have adequate coverage and most importantly, know the protection you have. Not all policies respond the same.
Are you properly protected? Most insurance companies have changed how they address coverage specific to screened enclosures. If you have a large enclosure, be sure you understand how your policy will respond.
Protects you from unexpected expenses for water, sewer, electric and other service lines that run above or underground to your residence. When there’s a problem with these lines it’s very expensive and disruptive not only to the service but also to your landscape. $10,000 usually runs around $40 annually.
In the internet age of posting messages online, personal injury is a must. Even the allegation of libel or slander can cost you thousands. This protection runs as little as $15/year.
Refrigerated Personal Property
Most usually have several hundred dollars’ worth of goods in their refrigerator and freezer at any given time. You can insure the value of this investment for as little as $10-15/year.
NOT just for dog bites! What if your pet gets out and causes an auto accident? Anything that happens involving your pet can have ramifications. Be sure to protect yourself by adding the valuable coverage.
$25,000-$50,000 coverage is only around $50.
Jewelry, Guns, Fine Art Collections
High value items are the target of theft. You can protect your valuables by adding this special coverage or adding a secondary policy that can protect even against mysterious disappearance. A current appraisal is all we need to get you protected.
CNBC reports seniors lose at least $37 Billion every year to fraud. Get an ID theft resolution option for a surprisingly low annual cost.
Golf Cart Liability
If you own a golf cart, you need this coverage extension to protect against any bodily injury or property damage.
Protect your important home systems from breakdown or mechanical failure. HVAC units, appliances, TVs, even garage door openers are covered! $50,000 is usually around $50.
NOT in a flood zone? Neither are the majority of homes in America that experience flooding. The statistics are even higher in Florida.
Please consider a flood policy and let your agent share your options.
Facts About Panama City Beach
The coveted destination for Spring Breakers from all over the country, Panama City Beach certainly has a reputation as being one of the most fun places to visit in the entire United States, let alone Florida. Panama City Beach is right on the Gulf of Mexico, which means you get the pristine waters of the Gulf, mixed with the soft white sand of the many beaches in the community, and it is easy to see why it is such a popular spot. The city is also the filming location for the popular MTV show Floribama Shore and formally hosted a yearly pro wrestling event for World Championship Wrestling and was actually the site of the last show put on by the promotion.
Panama City Beach had, at one time, some of the most coveted real estate in the country. These days it is still a great place to raise your family all while enjoying magnificent weather and some of the best beaches in the country. Though Hurricane Michael took its toll on the community in 2018, it has persevered, and still very high on the list of most popular Spring Break destinations for college age kids across the United States.
Harris Insurance is a licensed insurance brokerage firm authorized to serve throughout the State of Florida. We are a full-service insurance provider since 1965. We represent more than 150 insurance companies in order to bring the most reputable, "A" rated, insurance companies under one roof to provide comprehensive solutions for your insurance needs.
Home insurance in Florida has changed a lot over the years: vital coverages are now optional, have been limited, or are eliminated altogether depending upon the company. Because of these changes, it is crucial to do business with experienced agents and a company you can trust.
We can provide all kinds of insurance policies including Homeowners Insurance from a variety of companies with multiple rates. Our agents work hard to bring you the most competitive & comparative rates in the industry. We will work with you one-on-one to ensure your complete satisfaction.